My continuing adventures beginning from Residental Hotel Hell to a regular life.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

"You cant afford Health Care in America"

While covering the "Occupy"movement in San Francisco, a Minxy Russian Lady and I got into a conversation with about Health Care in America.  She said to me " You can't afford Health care in America", and she is a recent Russian immigrant, with an accent.

At this time I developed a 1500.00 medical bill, using my employers partial Health insurance plan. I was going to debt, whereas when I didn't  have an employer health insurance....I could see a doctor, and get my medical prescriptions for asthma.

 I am nearly 50 years old now.I don't smoke, don't drink much, exercise alot don't do illicit drugs. But using my employers health insurance was running me into debt.  reminding me of what Michael Moore said on his movie about health care. He said something like "75% of the homeless people living in the United States, are there because of medical bills, and they had health Insurance." I can believe that, alittle.

You can get charity care for a medical service ,and this usually is the way many people who are poor, and migrant ( legally or illegally) to this country ...get a doctors services.  I used this alot after I got kicked off of my Dads health care plan after 18 years old I'm an asthmatic...hospital usually don't provide this kind of service if you have health insurance.

I discovered it cheaper not to use Health insurance if you can't afford it. if you can't afford to see a doctor with it.

No comments: