My continuing adventures beginning from Residental Hotel Hell to a regular life.

Friday, June 29, 2012

The Supreme Court judgment on ObamaCare

I think the hyperbole about about the[b] right steps[/b]...and all that single payer stuff is somewhat inflated. While the "affordable care act" has some good things in it,it is got to be a victory for the insurance companies.

On my job, they increased my hours, more deadlines, no pay increase.  I didn't specifically ask for the extra hours, but they also introduced a partial health plan.  The health plan is insufficient in my experience to pay for the medical/Dental..I think that's why they increase our hours..to pay for the medical insurance. So is my Employer now in league with the health insurance company? I wasn't looking to pay 300.00+ month for a total health insurance plan.

Of course with the partial insurance , a doctor visit could cost me 300.00, a prescription $35++, an afternoon hospital visit costing 1,700 (exorbitant , asthma) , but only $300.with the insurance.

Without the insurance, I might pay nothing ( recently) or used to be $25-$50.00,prescriptions used to be $5.00 now there down to $3.   I have alot of potential health problems; Type 2 diabetes, Asthma, to name some though I try to stay in good health. It got to the point where I  couldn't afford to go to the doctor or get the prescriptions I needed, And after 1500.00 hospital bills here and there , I opted to drop the health insurance. After all, I'm supposed to be working to enrich my own life, not to make some health insurance company richer, while I GET MUCH POORER.

Now you tell me I have to get the health insurance! This isn't going to help the millions of people out of work, with no insurance. If they don't have money to pay for insurance health insurance what for them? I guess we'll all have to move to Canada,or Britain.

Well we should all pay our bills, right, but I don't hear any talk, by the Obama administration or Mitt Romney about holding Banks and investment firms responsible for there bills, i.e regulation enforcement, re-instating the Glass-Stegall act ,that because the Banks and investment firms there are the candidates prime contributors, and what this administration is primarily doing is fitting the bill on the tax-payers ....from the errors of these banks and Investment firms. .

No comments: