My continuing adventures beginning from Residental Hotel Hell to a regular life.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Undocumented workers and Burger King's?

I've posted an article like this before. I am very hesitant to post these photo's, being that I don't want to be declared racist,anti-Hispanic. I'm acquainted with many Latinos,they seems mostly pleasant people, with nice families. I have no great wish to see them all go. And after all this is their land in heart! But now it is the United States of America....


You can travel down this street in Oakland,California,and see these guys sitting out on the street, or on the sidewalk like this. and there are alot more. Who are they? Are they Latino's here in the U.S through Mexico.,Undocumented workers,and illegal immigrants, I didn't ask them. My guess is that they are mostly looking for work. What happens when they do get the work? The Area in this case changes. California used to be have a majority of African-Americans. I have lived in this area for years and the area wasn't this heavily Hispanic say about 15 years ago. This is actually a busy intersection of town.


I get up every morning and see this when I travel down the street,knowing there a High school near by, knowing that this used to be a area populated with alot of African-Americans..and that they are here no more. But I go into a local eatery like a "Burger King" in that area, and once again, employed with more Hispanics, to get a breakfast. Am thinking ,that I finally arrived early enough to get a breakfast!


I finally get my order when the Latino woman,promptly wraps my order in a paper bag to go. It's in the morning, I wanted to eat in the store, its a large lounging area. I didn't order my breakfast to go. The clerk didn't ask me,or didn't hear me. That happens alot.

 What ever happened "good service" by these fast food franchises...Remember Burger king's motto, "Hold the pickle , Hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us,all that we ask is just you order it ,your way.." Well I don't always order by stuff to-go. Well Maybe it is that the Latina didn't want me there, after all,it there Country now. Especially with all the undocumented's hanging near by.

 They say that These poor undocumented coming out of Mexico are good workers, and they work cheap. but maybe there aren't so good for American business in the U.S in the end. With service like that in that Burger king, maybe not so many people are going to eat there. I know they don't, maybe they'll go to the Mexican taco truck that is near by, and there are many of them. And the food is good .Or maybe they'll do what other Americans typically do,they'll use the "drive through".   Near by a fast food chicken place, Church's chicken, ( a job for a high schooler) goes out of business.  Burger king would be next in my opinion, but alot of customers probably do get there food through the drive in, never even bothering to get out of there cars to see what is going on, and keeping that franchise afloat.

What about the rest of America?

No comments: