My continuing adventures beginning from Residental Hotel Hell to a regular life.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The tyranny of evil persons....

Everyone's concerned about gun control in America has we all should be. I'm a little concerned about where the debate is heading.  They want to extend/toughen the restrictions on who can get a gun. Same old shit in white America...if they can stop.."THOSE PEOPLE" from getting a gun, then in there minds the problem is solved.

They been doing this for the longest time and it hasn't worked. The people doing all these mass killings aren't exactly marginalized people. I heard a statistic, on CSPAN ,That most of the offenders in these big mass homicides with guns are people who have a legal right to own a handgun.

Nevertheless, restrictions on who can get a gun, would work in my opinion, if they were strict and would follow through on the regulations.  Firearms ought to be regulated like cars in this Country, with a Department of firearms  in every city...this way you can regulate firearms. what I'm saying is Motor Vehicles are better regulated in this Country than Firearms are....and there are at least as many guns in this Country as Motor vehicles.

For America, I think what it boils down to is the same problem that is plaguing other probelm areas of the Government... lack of regulation and enforcement of those regulations.

I , for one as one of those "marginalized people" object to being the ire of these legislators, and the subject of gun control, but if restricting my right to own a gun, if it would save a couple of innocent lives , then I wouldn't object.

But People, and Congress ought to get really serious about controlling homicides by firearms....and what there taking about now is really nothing.  Just my two cents.

No comments: